- Peter Young, Alice Lai, Micah Hodosh and Julia Hockenmaier From image descriptions to visual denotations:
New similarity metrics for semantic inference over event descriptions,
Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, to appear [pdf] [Website]
- Micah Hodosh, Peter Young and Julia Hockenmaier Framing Image
Description as a Ranking Task: Data, Models and Evaluation
Metrics, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR)
2013, Volume 47, pages 853-899 [JAIR] [Website]
- Sean Massung, ChengXiang Zhai and Julia Hockenmaier
Structural Parse Tree Features for Text Representation,
Seventh IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC 2013)
- Micah Hodosh and Julia Hockenmaier Sentence-based image
description with scalable, explicit models, V&L Net Workshop
on Vision and Language at CVPR 2013 [.pdf]
- Yonatan Bisk and Julia Hockenmaier An HDP Model for Inducing Combinatory Categorial Grammars Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics Vol 1. 2013 [.pdf] [Slides]
- Hyungsul Kim, Yizhou Sun, Julia Hockenmaier, and Jiawei Han ETM: Entity Topic Models for Mining Documents Associated with Entities IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) 2012 [.pdf]
- Matt Garley and Julia Hockenmaier Beefmoves: Dissemination, Diversity, and Dynamics of English Borrowings in a German Hip Hop Forum In Proceedings of ACL 2012, Korea [.pdf]
- Yonatan Bisk and Julia Hockenmaier Simple Robust Grammar Induction with Combinatory Categorial Grammar In Proceedings of AAAI 2012, Toronto [.pdf]
- Yonatan Bisk and Julia Hockenmaier Induction of Linguistic Structure with Combinatory Categorial Grammars NAACL-HLT Workshop on Inducing Linguistic Structure 2012, Montreal [.pdf]
- Hannaneh Hajishirzi, Julia Hockenmaier, Erik T. Mueller, Eyal Amir Reasoning about RoboCup Soccer NarrativesIn Proceedings of UAI 2011, Spain [.pdf]
- Ali Farhadi, Mohsen Hejrati, Mohammad Amin Sadeghi, Peter Young, Cyrus Rashtchian, Julia Hockenmaier, David Forsyth
Every picture tells a story: generating sentences from images. In Proceedings
of ECCV 2010, Greece. [.pdf]
- Julia Hockenmaier and Yonatan Bisk Normal-form parsing for
Combinatory Categorial Grammars with generalized composition and
type-raising (Full paper) Proceedings of COLING 2010, Beijing China. [.pdf]
- Parikshit Sondhi, Manish Gupta, ChengXiang Zhai, and Julia Hockenmaier
Shallow Information Extraction from Medical Forum Data (Poster) Proceedings of COLING 2010, Beijing China. [.pdf]
- Yuancheng Tu, Nikhil Johri, Dan Roth and Julia Hockenmaier Citation
Author Topic Model in Expert Search. (Poster) Proceedings of COLING 2010, Beijing China. [.pdf]
- Micah Hodosh, Peter Young, Cyrus Rashtchian and Julia Hockenmaier
Cross-Caption Coreference Resolution for Automatic Image Understanding
Proceedings of the 2010 Conference on Natural Language Learning (CoNLL)
- Cyrus Rashtchian, Peter Young, Micah Hodosh and Julia Hockenmaier
Collecting Image Annotations Using Amazon's Mechanical Turk
Proceedings of the NAACL HLT 2010 Workshop on Creating Speech and Language
Data with Amazon's Mechanical Turk. [.pdf]
- Julia Hockenmaier and Peter Young
Non-local scrambling: the equivalence of TAG and CCG revisited.
In Proceedings of The Ninth International Workshop on Tree Adjoining Grammars and Related Formalisms (TAG+9)
, Tübingen, Germany. June 2008 [.pdf]
Natural Language Processing papers
- Julia Hockenmaier and Mark Steedman CCGbank: a corpus of CCG
derivations and dependency structures extracted from the Penn Treebank.
In Computational Linguistics 33(3),
pp 355-396, MIT press.
- David Reitter, Frank Keller
and Julia Hockenmaier Corpus-based evidence against sequence priming.
Poster, 20th annual CUNY conference on human sentence
processing, La Jolla, March 2007.
- Julia Hockenmaier Creating a CCGbank and a wide-coverage CCG
lexicon for German
Proceedings of COLING/ACL 2006, Sydney, 2006.
- David Reitter, Julia Hockenmaier, and Frank Keller.
Priming effects in Combinatory Categorial Grammar.
Proceedings of the 2006 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language
Processing (EMNLP-2006), Sydney, Australia, 2006.
- Julia Hockenmaier and Mark Steedman CCGbank Manual
Technical Report MS-CIS-05-09, Department of Computer and Information Science,
University of Pennsylvania, 2005 [.pdf]
- Julia Hockenmaier Parsing with Generative Models of Predicate-Argument Structure
Proceedings of 41th Annual Meeting of the Association for
Computational Linguistics, Sapporo, 2003..ps[.pdf]
- Daniel Gildea and Julia Hockenmaier Identifying Semantic Roles Using Combinatory Categorial Grammar
Proceedings of 2003 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language
Processing (EMNLP), Sapporo, Japan, 2003.[.pdf]
- Mark Steedman, Rebecca Hwa, Stephen Clark, Miles Osborne, Anoop Sarkar,
Julia Hockenmaier, Paul Ruhlen, Stephen Baker and Jeremiah Crim.
Example Selection for Bootstrapping Statistical Parsers.
Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the North American Chapter of the
ACL, Edmonton, Canada, 2003 [.pdf]
- Mark Steedman, Miles Osborne, Anoop Sarkar, Stephen Clark, Rebecca Hwa,
Julia Hockenmaier, Paul Ruhlen, Stephen Baker, and Jeremiah Crim.
Bootstrapping Statistical Parsers from Small Datasets.
Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the European Chapter of the ACL, Budapest, Hungary, 2003.
- Julia Hockenmaier and Mark Steedman. Generative
Models for Statistical Parsing with Combinatory Categorial Grammar, in
Proceedings of 40th Annual Meeting of the Association for
Computational Linguistics, Philadelphia, 2002..ps[.pdf]
- Julia Hockenmaier and Mark Steedman. Acquiring
Compact Lexicalized Grammars from a Cleaner Treebank, in
Proceedings of Third International Conference on Language Resources
and Evaluation, Las Palmas, 2002..ps
- Stephen Clark, Julia Hockenmaier and Mark Steedman.
Building Deep Dependency Structures with a Wide-Coverage CCG
Proceedings of the 40th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Philadephia, 2002..ps[.pdf]
- Stephen Clark and Julia Hockenmaier. Evaluating a
Wide-Coverage CCG Parser, in Proceedings of the LREC 2002
Beyond Parseval Workshop, Las Palmas, Spain, [.pdf]
- Julia Hockenmaier, Gann Bierner and Jason Baldridge. Extending the Coverage of a CCG
Research in Language and Computation.ps.
- Julia Hockenmaier (2001). Statistical Parsing for CCG with
Simple Generative Models in Proceedings of the Student Research Workshop of the 39th Annual
Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics/10th Meeting
of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Toulouse, July 2001.[.pdf].
- Julia Hockenmaier, Gann Bierner and Jason Baldridge
Providing Robustness for a CCG system in Workshop on Linguistic Theory and
Grammar Implementation, ESSLLI 2000, Birmingham.
Julia Hockenmaier and Chris Brew (1998). Error
driven segmentation of Chinese.
Communications of COLIPS 8 (1), pp 69-84, June 1998.
Also in J. Guo, K. T. Lua, and J. Xu, editors,
12th Pacific Conference on Language and Information, pages 218-229,
Singapore. Chinese and Oriental Languages Processing Society. [.pdf]
Protein folding papers
- Ken Dill, Adam Lucas, Julia
Hockenmaier, Liang Huang, David Chiang and Aravind Joshi Computational
Linguistics: a new tool for exploring biopolymer structures and statistical
mechanics. In Polymer 48(15), pp 4289-4300, Elsevier.
- Julia Hockenmaier, Aravind Joshi and Ken Dill Routes are trees: the
parsing perspective on protein folding
Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 66(1), January 1, 2007, pp 1-15.,
Wiley. Electronically available here.
- Julia Hockenmaier, Aravind Joshi and Ken Dill Protein folding and
Proceedings of the 2006 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language
Processing (EMNLP-2006), Sydney, Australia, 2006.[.pdf]
- Julia Hockenmaier, Aravind Joshi and Ken Dill Routes are trees: The
parsing view on protein folding
Poster presented at the 13th Annual
International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB
2005), Detroit, MI. [.pdf]